-   -   How to run DWL-510 Wlandevice (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/92447-how-run-dwl-510-wlandevice.html)

05-21-2008 09:58 AM

How to run DWL-510 Wlandevice

Hello

since monday I try to configure an DWL-510
to make it run. What I've done until no:

1. Installed "ndiswrapper"
- packet from xubuntu-CD.

* * successfull

2. Installed driver from DLink-CD

* * ??

* * The command <iwconfig>
shows this:

* * loop back ok.

* * wlan0 * * *
* * * * *IEEE802.11b ESSID:off/any
Nickname "HAF01"

* * * * *
* * * Mode: Auto Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point:
Not-Associated

* * * * *
* * * Bit Rate: 11 Mb/s Tx Power: 20 dBm Sensitivity=0/3

* * * * *
* * * RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off

* * * * * *
* * * Link Quality=0

* * * * *
* * * Signal level=0

* * * * *
* * * Noise level=0

* * * * *
* * * Rx invalid nwid:0

* * * * *
* * * Rx invalid crypt:0

* * * * *
* * * Rx invalid frag:0

The device is also present in: applications>system>network
and can be edited.

The changes takes no effect to the displayed
result of iwconfig.

This morning I tried to change the parameters
by <sudo iwconfig wlan0 ...>

Some changes become true, other changes
false.

My wlan is running good, connects 3
Windows-Computers and give all of them access

to the internet. See the configuration
settings below:

ESSID: "HAF"

AP-Name: "HAF01" - 192.168.10.20

Mode: "Managed"

Encrypt: "Yes" - 128 bit /
WEP

Key01: "ascii" - (...........)

The device may be not correctly embedded
to the system. So I can not choose

it, to bind pppoe for an internet-connection.

I'm a greenhorn in xubuntu and installed
it becauseII I have to execute a training about it for

some people in my organisation.

Regards

hannah josephine dippe