-   -   Grub and USB cdroms (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/83986-grub-usb-cdroms.html)

"Geoff Goehle" 05-07-2008 08:59 PM

Grub and USB cdroms

Hi,

I want to reinstall xubuntu on my laptop so I can encrypt my
harddrive. My laptop doesn't have an internal cd-drive and wont boot
from usb. When I installed xubuntu origionally there was a program
called wubi which put a kernel and an initrd in my windows partition
and that allowed me to boot from the usbcdrom. I haven't been able to
find out how to make this approach work from linux. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Geoff.