Old 04-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Michael Schmarck

Default 8.04: When?

Hello.

Could somebody please share some rough estimates, about
when Xubuntu CDs based on Hardy Heron might be available?

Thanks a lot,

Michael

Old 04-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Michael Schmarck

I wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Could somebody please share some rough estimates, about
> when Xubuntu CDs based on Hardy Heron might be available?

Like... "now"...

I had a look at the torrent.ubuntu.com server and saw that there's
already a torrent file available and I'm now happily downloading
that (and leave it seeding for about a day or so).

So it's just a matter of time until the mirrors get it as well.

Sorry for having disturbed the silence

Michael

Old 04-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Vincent

Could somebody please share some rough estimates, about
when Xubuntu CDs based on Hardy Heron might be available?

Thanks a lot,

Michael
You should already be able to download the ISO's (though the servers are probably down due to high demand, but if you wait two days or so I suppose you'll have access again . Unfortunately, it's never going to be available from ShipIt as Canonical considers Xubuntu too small a market (though everybody's working hard to change that .

--
Vincent

Old 04-24-2008, 08:03 PM
"Cyril Slobin"

On 4/24/08, Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@habmalnefrage.de> wrote:

> I had a look at the torrent.ubuntu.com server and saw that there's
> already a torrent file available and I'm now happily downloading
> that (and leave it seeding for about a day or so).

I believe they have made a severe error putting torrent files and iso
images on the same server. I have had a hard time downloading torrent
file (20k) or even looking at the directory listing -- it timeouts on
every request. But now I have happily downloaded the image and leaved
it seeding for some hours (maybe a day).

--
Cyril Slobin <slobin@ice.ru> `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said,
http://wagner.pp.ru/~slobin/ `it means just what I choose it to mean'

Old 04-25-2008, 05:21 AM
Michael Schmarck

Cyril Slobin <slobin@ice.ru> wrote:

> On 4/24/08, Michael Schmarck
> <michael.schmarck@habmalnefrage.de> wrote:
>
>> I had a look at the torrent.ubuntu.com server and saw that there's
>> already a torrent file available and I'm now happily downloading
>> that (and leave it seeding for about a day or so).
>
> I believe they have made a severe error putting torrent files and iso
> images on the same server.

Well, put it that way: It also took me quite by surprise to see,
that the actual .iso files are also available in the same directory,
where the .torrent files are hosted. I sort of can understand that
they want to keep this stuff together, but I think I would've configured
the webserver so, that it does not serve the .iso files. At least not
right now. In a week or two, it might make good sense to serve .iso's
also from there.

But, well, "they" have their reasons, one must hope

Michael

Old 04-25-2008, 11:04 AM
"Cody A.W. Somerville"

People have to download the image before they can seed it allowing other people to torrent it ;]

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 2:21 AM, Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@habmalnefrage.de> wrote:

Cyril Slobin <slobin@ice.ru> wrote:

> On 4/24/08, Michael Schmarck

> <michael.schmarck@habmalnefrage.de> wrote:

>> *I had a look at the torrent.ubuntu.com server and saw that there's

>> *already a torrent file available and I'm now happily downloading

>> *that (and leave it seeding for about a day or so).

> I believe they have made a severe error putting torrent files and iso

> images on the same server.

Well, put it that way: It also took me quite by surprise to see,

that the actual .iso files are also available in the same directory,

where the .torrent files are hosted. I sort of can understand that

they want to keep this stuff together, but I think I would've configured

the webserver so, that it does not serve the .iso files. At least not

right now. In a week or two, it might make good sense to serve .iso's

also from there.

But, well, "they" have their reasons, one must hope

Michael

Cody A.W. Somerville
Software Engineer
Red Cow Marketing & Technologies, Inc.
Office: 506-458-1290
Toll Free: 1-877-733-2699
Fax: 506-453-9112

Cell: 506-449-5899
Email: cody@redcow.ca
http://www.redcow.ca

Old 04-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Vincent

People have to download the image before they can seed it allowing other people to torrent it ;]

Hopefully next time they will link to the "official" ISO mirrors
--

Vincent