-   -   Installation (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/74574-installation.html)

Juan Martin Sierra 04-22-2008 10:43 AM

Installation

Dears,

I have an HP zt3000 notebook and I installed Xubuntu in a partition but
when it boots it makes a strange noise. Will it change if I reinstall
Xubuntu but this time through Wubi? Is my hard disk in danger?

Thanks,
JM

Larry D Sorensen 07-29-2008 09:31 PM

Installation

This is the first time that I have run across this message before when
installing RedHat Enterprise 5.

I have an Asus motherboard with AMD dual processor. Once I press enter to
install, it starts the installation and then I receive the following
error:

MP-BIOS bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC
Kernel panic - not syncing: IO-APIC + timer doesn't work! Try using the
'noapic' kernel parameter.

Can anyone give me some insight on what needs to be fixed for the
IO-APIC?

Larry

"Lee Morris" 08-03-2008 04:47 AM

Installation

When starting the installation, the video display
is not clear. There seems to be multiple images with two cursors. How can I
correct this?
*

g 08-03-2008 04:53 AM

Installation

arun thakur 09-18-2010 05:42 PM

installation

Respected Sir,
********************* I am a beginner in ubuntu and thus i am facing problem while installing ubuntu w.r.t mount points used.My system config. is 500gb harddisk containing windows7,4gb ram.Sir please guide me through this.

Tapas Mishra 09-18-2010 06:24 PM

installation

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 11:12 PM, arun thakur <arunthakur.nith@gmail.com> wrote:
> Respected Sir,
> ********************* I am a beginner in ubuntu and thus i am facing problem
> while installing ubuntu w.r.t mount points used.My system config. is 500gb
> harddisk containing windows7,4gb ram.Sir please guide me through this.
Download wubi and double click it in Windows that way you will be able
to install easily.

Andrew Farris 09-19-2010 01:50 AM

installation

On Sat, 2010-09-18 at 23:12 +0530, arun thakur wrote:
> Respected Sir,
> I am a beginner in ubuntu and thus i am facing
> problem while installing ubuntu w.r.t mount points used.My system
> config. is 500gb harddisk containing windows7,4gb ram.Sir please guide
> me through this.

Please describe the problem you are having in detail. If you are getting
any error messages please copy them down and include them in your next
message so we can get better information on your issue. Also, please
include the the following:
* What version of Ubuntu you are trying to install
* What type of computer you're trying to install on
(desktop/laptop/netbook, etc... a model number would be helpful,
if possible)
* How are you trying to install Ubuntu (i.e. dual-boot with
windows 7, replacing windows 7, or as a wubi install)
* Make sure to include the full text of any error messages you are
getting, as it could be important (I know I already said it, but
it's very important). Try to copy-paste the text of the error
into your next email (note if there's a lot of output, then
upload it to a pastebin service, such as
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/ and include a link to it in your
reply). Alternatively you can take a screenshot or take a
picture of the error message/screen and upload to an image host
(such as http://www.imageshack.com/), then post that link.

Also, what does "w.r.t mount points used" mean?
Best of luck!

--
Andrew

Liam Proven 09-22-2010 01:48 PM

installation

On 19 September 2010 02:50, Andrew Farris <flyindragon1@aol.com> wrote:
> Also, what does "w.r.t mount points used" mean?

"WRT" means "with respect to". Otherwise, though, I am as much at a loss as you.

Peter Burnett 07-26-2011 05:22 AM

Installation

I am going through the install of debian unofficial firmware - 6.0.2.1-i386-netinst. Now it is asking for 'Debian/GNU Linux 6.0.2.1 _Squeeze_ Official i386 NETINST Binary-1 20110628 13:01'

I Googled looking for this and did not find much about it. Where is this disk located on the Internet so that I can finish the installation?
Thanks

Scott Ferguson 07-27-2011 12:44 PM

Installation

On 26/07/11 15:22, Peter Burnett wrote:
> I am going through the install of debian unofficial firmware -
> 6.0.2.1-i386-netinst. Now it is asking for 'Debian/GNU Linux 6.0.2.1
> _Squeeze_ Official i386 NETINST Binary-1 20110628 13:01'
>

> I Googled looking for this and did not find much about it. Where is
> this disk located on the Internet so that I can finish the
> installation?
>
> Thanks

When you say "now" - are you still at the install or have you finished
the initial stage and rebooted?
>From the little information you've given it sounds like you may be
referring to the same iso (that you installed from). Which is not the
latest. The version is written in .disk/info on the iso.

If you're certain it's *not* you already have:-
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/current/i386/iso-cd/firmware-6.0.2.1-i386-netinst.iso

Cheers

--
The Supreme Court says pornography is anything without artistic merit
that causes sexual thoughts, that's their definition, essentially. No