Old 11-28-2007, 02:34 PM
"Pat Rice"

Default mounting ntfs

hi all
I would like to know how to read ntfs, on xubuntu

I've been using this guide
http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu_edgy_eft_ntfs_ntfs_3g

but I cannot install the package for ntfs, I have the
deb http://flomertens.keo.in/ubuntu/ edgy main main-all
in to the sources.list

and have updated

but still no joy on doing an install

anyone got any ideas on this, I can mount a USB drive fine, or any have any links on this, i can see the drives are connected.

Thanks
Pat

Old 11-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Vincent

I would like to know how to read ntfs, on xubuntu

I've been using this guide

http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu_edgy_eft_ntfs_ntfs_3g

but I cannot install the package for ntfs, I have the
deb http://flomertens.keo.in/ubuntu/
edgy main main-all
in to the sources.list

and have updated

but still no joy on doing an install

anyone got any ideas on this, I can mount a USB drive fine, or any have any links on this, i can see the drives are connected.

Thanks
Pat

IIRC Xubuntu 7.04 introduced the ability to read from ntfs and 7.10 also allows you to write to it. Would it be too much trouble to try and install a newer version of Xubuntu?

--
Vincent