Old 10-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Enrique Arnau

Default Problemas con XUBUNTU

Por favor: Necesito ayuda para desinstalar las varias versiones que he montado en mi ordenador y que por cierto ahora me quitan mucho espacio del disco y ahora me impiden usar Windows.Le quedo muy agradecido de antemano a quien me pueda ayudar. No me importa que la respuesta sea en ingles. * * * Un saludo * * * Enarsan

Old 10-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Pasi Lallinaho

On 10/12/2012 03:00 PM, Enrique Arnau
Por favor: Necesito ayuda para desinstalar las varias
versiones que he montado en mi ordenador y que por cierto ahora me
quitan mucho espacio del disco y ahora me impiden usar Windows.
Le quedo muy agradecido de antemano a quien me pueda ayudar.
No me importa que la respuesta sea en ingles. * * * Un saludo *
* * Enarsan

Please note that this is an English-only list.

Cheers,

Pasi

Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu *http://shimmerproject.org/

Old 10-13-2012, 12:47 PM
honeyshell

Enarsan's question :
"Please I need help to uninstall several versions that got on my computer and certainly now I take lots of disk space and now prevent me from using Windows.I am very grateful in advance who can help me. I do not care that the answer is in English. Greetings Enarsan"

I don't speak your language Enarsan but I think Google help me
You tell us you want to uninstall "several version", but version of what? Ubuntu? Windows? Please be more precise on your problem, and reply in english, please.

If your problem is that you install to many linux on your computer and your hard disk is full, the best way for a beginner would be to copy all important data (documents, pictures, musics, movies...) on an external hard disk. After that, insert an Ubuntu CD and install Ubuntu on the full disk. It will erase everything on your computer, and you will have a new free/beautiful Ubuntu. After that, plug your external hard disk and copy important data in your /home partition.

If you can.., during ubuntu installation, choose to create a separate /home partition. When you want to upgrade Ubuntu or change it for Xubuntu for example, you will just have to keep the /home partition (don't format) during installation. You will safe some installation time. But keep in mind that it is important to back up (=make a copy) of all important data (documents, pictures, musics, movies...) on an external hard disk.

Have a good day.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:04 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

2012/10/13 Pasi Lallinaho <pasi@shimmerproject.org>:
> On 10/12/2012 03:00 PM, Enrique Arnau wrote:
>
> Por favor: Necesito ayuda para desinstalar las varias versiones que he
> montado en mi ordenador y que por cierto ahora me quitan mucho espacio del
> disco y ahora me impiden usar Windows.
> Le quedo muy agradecido de antemano a quien me pueda ayudar. No me importa
> que la respuesta sea en ingles. Un saludo Enarsan
>

> Please note that this is an English-only list.

Also, look in https:lists.ubuntu.com for a LoCo in your area/language,
for help in Spanish.

--
Kevin O'Gorman