FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Xubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Christina Leonard
 
Default Xubuntu after installation

Cannot get Xubuntu to boot after installation as sole OS...be gentle, I'm a noob! :-) The last thing I see when it tries to reboot is [ 2270.598869] panic occurred, switching back to text console.--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users
 
Old 10-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Steven Grace
 
Default Xubuntu after installation

On 10/12/2012 04:26 PM, Christina Leonard wrote:

Cannot get Xubuntu to boot after installation as sole OS...be gentle,
I'm a noob! :-) The last thing I see when it tries to reboot is [
2270.598869] panic occurred, switching back to text console.


I have no idea -- searching for that number yields no results.

Please tell us about your hardware, which version you're installing (x86
or amd64), the installation details, etc.



--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users
 
Old 10-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Chris Green
 
Default Xubuntu after installation

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 12:02:39PM -0700, Steven Grace wrote:
> On 10/12/2012 04:26 PM, Christina Leonard wrote:
> >Cannot get Xubuntu to boot after installation as sole OS...be gentle,
> >I'm a noob! :-) The last thing I see when it tries to reboot is [
> >2270.598869] panic occurred, switching back to text console.
>
> I have no idea -- searching for that number yields no results.
>
Not surprising "that number" is simply the elapsed time since the start
of logging.


> Please tell us about your hardware, which version you're installing
> (x86 or amd64), the installation details, etc.
>
It sounds as if it's just the GUI/X that has failed to start.

Some more of the logging output might be useful too.

--
Chris Green

--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:47 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org