-   -   Xubuntu after installation (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/712000-xubuntu-after-installation.html)

Christina Leonard 10-12-2012 11:26 PM

Xubuntu after installation

Cannot get Xubuntu to boot after installation as sole OS...be gentle, I'm a noob! :-) The last thing I see when it tries to reboot is [ 2270.598869] panic occurred, switching back to text console.--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Steven Grace 10-14-2012 07:02 PM

Xubuntu after installation

Cannot get Xubuntu to boot after installation as sole OS...be gentle,
I'm a noob! :-) The last thing I see when it tries to reboot is [
2270.598869] panic occurred, switching back to text console.

I have no idea -- searching for that number yields no results.

Please tell us about your hardware, which version you're installing (x86
or amd64), the installation details, etc.

Chris Green 10-14-2012 08:05 PM

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 12:02:39PM -0700, Steven Grace wrote:
> On 10/12/2012 04:26 PM, Christina Leonard wrote:
> >Cannot get Xubuntu to boot after installation as sole OS...be gentle,
> >I'm a noob! :-) The last thing I see when it tries to reboot is [
> >2270.598869] panic occurred, switching back to text console.
>
> I have no idea -- searching for that number yields no results.

Not surprising "that number" is simply the elapsed time since the start
of logging.

> Please tell us about your hardware, which version you're installing
> (x86 or amd64), the installation details, etc.

It sounds as if it's just the GUI/X that has failed to start.

Some more of the logging output might be useful too.

--
Chris Green