FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Xubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-07-2012, 06:18 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"
 
Default unexpected attempt to access keyring

I have a printing script that uses enscript(1). I've just copied it
into Xubuntu, and while it works, I'm getting an unexpected warning:
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
/tmp/keyring-HfL38a/pkcs11: No such file or directory
I'm clueless. I've never set up any keyrings that I'm aware of. I
never got this on Ubuntu (although that system at other times would
present me with dialog boxes about keyrings that I always just
cancelled).

I'm willing to just ingore this too, but would rather track it down
and kill it since it's failing anyway and the printing happens anyway.

--
Kevin O'Gorman

programmer, n. an organism that transmutes caffeine into software.

--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users
 
Old 10-07-2012, 06:29 PM
 
Default unexpected attempt to access keyring

On Sunday, October 07, 2012 11:18:18 AM Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> I have a printing script that uses enscript(1). I've just copied it
> into Xubuntu, and while it works, I'm getting an unexpected warning:
> WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
> /tmp/keyring-HfL38a/pkcs11: No such file or directory
> I'm clueless. I've never set up any keyrings that I'm aware of. I
> never got this on Ubuntu (although that system at other times would
> present me with dialog boxes about keyrings that I always just
> cancelled).
>
> I'm willing to just ingore this too, but would rather track it down
> and kill it since it's failing anyway and the printing happens anyway.

If you don't use the keyring then remove it and the errors and pop-ups should
go away.

--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users


Sun Oct 7 21:30:03 2012
Return-Path: <gentoo-dev+bounces-55303-tom=linux-archive.org@lists.gentoo.org>
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.3.2 (2011-06-06) on
eagle542.startdedicated.com
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-7.1 required=5.0 tests=RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI,
RP_MATCHES_RCVD,SPF_HELO_PASS,SPF_PASS autolearn=ham version=3.3.2
X-Original-To: tom@linux-archive.org
Delivered-To: tom-linux-archive.org@eagle542.startdedicated.com
Received: from lists.gentoo.org (pigeon.gentoo.org [208.92.234.80])
by eagle542.startdedicated.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 2D56A20E023C
for <tom@linux-archive.org>; Sun, 7 Oct 2012 20:30:08 +0200 (CEST)
Received: from pigeon.gentoo.org (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by pigeon.gentoo.org (Postfix) with SMTP id F2A4521C016;
Sun, 7 Oct 2012 18:29:54 +0000 (UTC)
X-Original-To: gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org
Delivered-To: gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org
Received: from smtp.gentoo.org (smtp.gentoo.org [140.211.166.183])
by pigeon.gentoo.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id DBC85E0441
for <gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org>; Sun, 7 Oct 2012 18:27:27 +0000 (UTC)
Received: from [192.168.178.26] (e178094170.adsl.alicedsl.de [85.178.94.170])
(using TLSv1 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits))
(No client certificate requested)
(Authenticated sender: chithanh)
by smtp.gentoo.org (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id 020E433C6B6
for <gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org>; Sun, 7 Oct 2012 18:27:26 +0000 (UTC)
Message-ID: <5071C98E.2000905@gentoo.org>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 20:27:26 +0200
From: =?UTF-8?B?Q2jDrS1UaGFuaCBDaHJpc3RvcGhlciBOZ3V54buFbg==?=
<chithanh@gentoo.org>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20120911 Firefox/15.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.12.1
Precedence: bulk
List-Post: <mailto:gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org>
List-Help: <mailto:gentoo-dev+help@lists.gentoo.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:gentoo-dev+unsubscribe@lists.gentoo.org>
List-Subscribe: <mailto:gentoo-dev+subscribe@lists.gentoo.org>
List-Id: Gentoo Linux mail <gentoo-dev.gentoo.org>
X-BeenThere: gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org
Reply-to: gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: fortran-2.eclass to depend on virtual/fortran
References: <5071B9D0.6030109@gentoo.org> <5071C7A9.5070602@gentoo.org>
In-Reply-To: <5071C7A9.5070602@gentoo.org>
X-Enigmail-Version: 1.4.4
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Ch*-Thanh Christopher Nguy?n schrieb:
> To avoid breaking existing packages, you could default to
> FORTRAN_WANT_COMPILER=fortran

Sorry, it has to be FORTRAN_WANT_COMPILER=always


Best regards,
Ch*-Thanh Christopher Nguy?n
 
Old 10-07-2012, 07:03 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"
 
Default unexpected attempt to access keyring

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 11:29 AM, <theuteck@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, October 07, 2012 11:18:18 AM Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
>> I have a printing script that uses enscript(1). I've just copied it
>> into Xubuntu, and while it works, I'm getting an unexpected warning:
>> WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
>> /tmp/keyring-HfL38a/pkcs11: No such file or directory
>> I'm clueless. I've never set up any keyrings that I'm aware of. I
>> never got this on Ubuntu (although that system at other times would
>> present me with dialog boxes about keyrings that I always just
>> cancelled).
>>
>> I'm willing to just ingore this too, but would rather track it down
>> and kill it since it's failing anyway and the printing happens anyway.
>
> If you don't use the keyring then remove it and the errors and pop-ups should
> go away.

It's a little bit hard to follow that advice given that the message
says the file is already missing.


--
Kevin O'Gorman

programmer, n. an organism that transmutes caffeine into software.

--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users
 
Old 10-08-2012, 01:18 AM
 
Default unexpected attempt to access keyring

On Sunday, October 07, 2012 12:03:51 PM Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 11:29 AM, <theuteck@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday, October 07, 2012 11:18:18 AM Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> >> I have a printing script that uses enscript(1). I've just copied it
> >>
> >> into Xubuntu, and while it works, I'm getting an unexpected warning:
> >> WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
> >> /tmp/keyring-HfL38a/pkcs11: No such file or directory
> >> I'm clueless. I've never set up any keyrings that I'm aware of. I
> >> never got this on Ubuntu (although that system at other times would
> >> present me with dialog boxes about keyrings that I always just
> >> cancelled).
> >>
> >> I'm willing to just ingore this too, but would rather track it down
> >> and kill it since it's failing anyway and the printing happens anyway.
> >
> > If you don't use the keyring then remove it and the errors and pop-ups
> > should go away.
>
> It's a little bit hard to follow that advice given that the message
> says the file is already missing.

I meant remove gnome-keyring.

--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users
 
Old 10-08-2012, 02:15 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"
 
Default unexpected attempt to access keyring

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 6:18 PM, <theuteck@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, October 07, 2012 12:03:51 PM Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 11:29 AM, <theuteck@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > On Sunday, October 07, 2012 11:18:18 AM Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
>> >> I have a printing script that uses enscript(1). I've just copied it
>> >>
>> >> into Xubuntu, and while it works, I'm getting an unexpected warning:
>> >> WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
>> >> /tmp/keyring-HfL38a/pkcs11: No such file or directory
>> >> I'm clueless. I've never set up any keyrings that I'm aware of. I
>> >> never got this on Ubuntu (although that system at other times would
>> >> present me with dialog boxes about keyrings that I always just
>> >> cancelled).
>> >>
>> >> I'm willing to just ingore this too, but would rather track it down
>> >> and kill it since it's failing anyway and the printing happens anyway.
>> >
>> > If you don't use the keyring then remove it and the errors and pop-ups
>> > should go away.
>>
>> It's a little bit hard to follow that advice given that the message
>> says the file is already missing.
>
> I meant remove gnome-keyring.

That would also remove xubuntu-desktop. I'm guessing I would not like that.

--
Kevin O'Gorman

programmer, n. an organism that transmutes caffeine into software.

--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users
 
Old 10-08-2012, 02:21 PM
uteck
 
Default unexpected attempt to access keyring

Actually, that is just a meta package and removing it will not hurt.*

On Oct 8, 2012 9:16 AM, "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 6:18 PM, *<theuteck@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, October 07, 2012 12:03:51 PM Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

>> On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 11:29 AM, *<theuteck@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > On Sunday, October 07, 2012 11:18:18 AM Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

>> >> I have a printing script that uses enscript(1). *I've just copied it

>> >>

>> >> into Xubuntu, and while it works, I'm getting an unexpected warning:

>> >> * *WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:

>> >> /tmp/keyring-HfL38a/pkcs11: No such file or directory

>> >> I'm clueless. *I've never set up any keyrings that I'm aware of. *I

>> >> never got this on Ubuntu (although that system at other times would

>> >> present me with dialog boxes about keyrings that I always just

>> >> cancelled).

>> >>

>> >> I'm willing to just ingore this too, but would rather track it down

>> >> and kill it since it's failing anyway and the printing happens anyway.

>> >

>> > If you don't use the keyring then remove it and the errors and pop-ups

>> > should go away.

>>

>> It's a little bit hard to follow that advice given that the message

>> says the file is already missing.

>

> I meant remove gnome-keyring.



That would also remove xubuntu-desktop. *I'm guessing I would not like that.



--

Kevin O'Gorman



programmer, n. an organism that transmutes caffeine into software.



--

xubuntu-users mailing list

xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users


--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users
 
Old 10-08-2012, 02:24 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"
 
Default unexpected attempt to access keyring

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 7:21 AM, uteck <theuteck@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, that is just a meta package and removing it will not hurt.

Not according to synaptic. It lists about a half-dozen things it will
remove if I do that, and xubuntu-desktop is one of them.

>
> On Oct 8, 2012 9:16 AM, "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 6:18 PM, <theuteck@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > On Sunday, October 07, 2012 12:03:51 PM Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
>> >> On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 11:29 AM, <theuteck@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >> > On Sunday, October 07, 2012 11:18:18 AM Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
>> >> >> I have a printing script that uses enscript(1). I've just copied it
>> >> >>
>> >> >> into Xubuntu, and while it works, I'm getting an unexpected warning:
>> >> >> WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
>> >> >> /tmp/keyring-HfL38a/pkcs11: No such file or directory
>> >> >> I'm clueless. I've never set up any keyrings that I'm aware of. I
>> >> >> never got this on Ubuntu (although that system at other times would
>> >> >> present me with dialog boxes about keyrings that I always just
>> >> >> cancelled).
>> >> >>
>> >> >> I'm willing to just ingore this too, but would rather track it down
>> >> >> and kill it since it's failing anyway and the printing happens
>> >> >> anyway.
>> >> >
>> >> > If you don't use the keyring then remove it and the errors and
>> >> > pop-ups
>> >> > should go away.
>> >>
>> >> It's a little bit hard to follow that advice given that the message
>> >> says the file is already missing.
>> >
>> > I meant remove gnome-keyring.
>>
>> That would also remove xubuntu-desktop. I'm guessing I would not like
>> that.
>>
>> --
>> Kevin O'Gorman
>>
>> programmer, n. an organism that transmutes caffeine into software.
>>
>> --
>> xubuntu-users mailing list
>> xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users
>
>
> --
> xubuntu-users mailing list
> xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users
>



--
Kevin O'Gorman

programmer, n. an organism that transmutes caffeine into software.

--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users
 
Old 10-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Wybo Dekker
 
Default unexpected attempt to access keyring

On 2012-10-08 16:24, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 7:21 AM, uteck <theuteck@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Actually, that is just a meta package and removing it will not hurt.
>
> Not according to synaptic. It lists about a half-dozen things it will
> remove if I do that, and xubuntu-desktop is one of them.

I thought that, too, but nevertheless did it, and it gave no problems
indeed. Just try, but note what's being removed and reinstall if you get
in trouble.

--
Wybo

--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:35 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org