Old 09-24-2012, 10:49 AM

Default xubuntu with the alternative installation cd

Subject: Re: [xubuntu-users] New User,introduction

Hello Garry,
You test xubuntu with the alternative installation cd :
http://xubuntu.org/getxubuntu/
But carrefull, choose "alternate" link to download. "the Alternative CD
requires only 64 MB" of RAM.
Have nice day.
Thank you,
Actually that is what I had installed, and yesterday when I noticed the window saying there were 57 updates available, I decided to go ahead and try letting it "update", so I started the updates, I left it alone, and went outside to do some chores, etc. It took some time,but once the updates were done,and I rebooted, to my surprise it is working fine now,even when online, including XFCE, the desk top enviroment,etc.
I just now see there are some more updates available, but it is working so well, I am not sure if I should do anything more, "Don't try to fix it,if it isn't broke".
I am pretty impressed, now ,with xubuntu , thanks everyone.
From Garry

http://www.garryricketsonartworks.org