-   -   Update or upgrade from 12.04 to 12.04.1? (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/700524-update-upgrade-12-04-12-04-1-a.html)

MR ZenWiz 09-04-2012 05:25 PM

Update or upgrade from 12.04 to 12.04.1?

Do we need to do anything special, like an upgrade, to go from 12.04 to 12.04.1?

I was under the impression that this was just automatic with the
standard updates.

Thanks.

MR

Pasi Lallinaho 09-04-2012 06:04 PM

Update or upgrade from 12.04 to 12.04.1?

Do we need to do anything special, like an upgrade, to go from 12.04 to 12.04.1?

I was under the impression that this was just automatic with the
standard updates.

Thanks.

MR

It is automatic, no extra action needed. Just upgrade your packages.

Cheers,
Pasi

Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu http://shimmerproject.org/

MR ZenWiz 09-04-2012 06:38 PM

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Pasi Lallinaho <pasi@shimmerproject.org> wrote:
> On 04/09/12 20:25, MR ZenWiz wrote:
>>
>> Do we need to do anything special, like an upgrade, to go from 12.04 to
>> 12.04.1?
>>
>> I was under the impression that this was just automatic with the
>> standard updates.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> It is automatic, no extra action needed. Just upgrade your packages.

Please be more specific - does that mean "sudo apt-get upgrade" or
"sudo apt-get update" or something else?

Thx.

Yorvyk 09-04-2012 07:18 PM

Update or upgrade from 12.04 to 12.04.1?

Do we need to do anything special, like an upgrade, to go from 12.04 to
12.04.1?

I was under the impression that this was just automatic with the
standard updates.

Thanks.

It is automatic, no extra action needed. Just upgrade your packages.

Please be more specific - does that mean "sudo apt-get upgrade" or
"sudo apt-get update" or something else?

Thx.

sudo apt-get update
and then
sydo apt-get upgrade