Old 09-04-2012, 10:24 AM
John Deakin

Default Misaligned Windows in the Interface

I have just move to Xubuntu from Unity to use the simpler interface.
Initially all went well but recently the user interface has pushed the
windows up to the top of the screen so that the title bar is not
accessible. I have tried Alt+Space and M to move the windows down but
this does not work. When the menu is dropped using the cursor I cannot
select any item as the menu disappears as I move the cursor down it so I
am completely unable to move the windows down.

I have had to revert to Unity but would like to use Xubuntu if possible.
Any ideas please?

--
regards,
JohnD

Old 09-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Jack Fromm

I thought it was just me. I developed the same problem the other night.
I've been on 12.04 since May and it worked fine until then. In addition
to the problems John describes, applications open on my secondary
monitor and I can't move them. Not only that, but they don't show an
icon on the panel like an open app should. Finally, when I go into
Settings Manager, both Window Manager and Window Manager Tweaks are
completely blank when I open them.

I can't remember if I ran any updates just before it happened or not. I
do remember that my machine did not shut down gracefully after a session
and things were wacky after that.

Jack