Old 08-29-2012, 05:19 PM
"dg1727"

Default How to specify automount options without /etc/fstab

Hello,

A user of mine has Xfce 4.8.3 (I believe - it's the default version
that came with the distro) on Xubuntu 12.04.1

I would like to set up his computer so that when any volume is
about to be automounted, if the volume is ext4, then the volume is
mounted with certain options specified by me. Any other
automounted volumes can be automounted according to the system
defaults.

I _don't_ want to use the conventional way of specifying volume
label, UUID, and/or block-device name in the /etc/fstab file. The
volume in question will be connected by USB, and any of those 3
attributes of it may change.

Would I have to replace "thunar-volman" with something else in
order to modify the automounting process as I'm proposing? Or is
there a way to have a script intercept automounts before they get
to "thunar-volman", whilst letting thunar-volman handle all
automounts that my script doesn't handle?

Thank you for any help.

-dg1727