Old 08-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Piotr Zając

Default Facebook problem on xubuntu, please help

Hi I'm fresh new user of xubuntu on my laptop. I really like this system but I have some major problem with Facebook on it

It does not load, when I clear all browser's private data i help but for a short while enough to log in but soon later it stops to receive any data from site

I have this problem on Firefox and Opera so it's not the browser.

Can you help me by explaining how to solve this step by step (as I said I'm a fresh xubuntu user) please?

Peter

Old 08-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

On 08/28/2012 01:12 AM, Piotr Zając
Hi I'm fresh new user of xubuntu on my laptop. I
really like this system but I have some major problem with
Facebook on it

It does not load, when I clear all browser's private data i help
but for a short while enough to log in but soon later it stops to
receive any data from site

I have this problem on Firefox and Opera so it's not the browser.

Can you help me by explaining how to solve this step by step (as I
said I'm a fresh xubuntu user) please?

Peter

If your network (think: all other sites) works as expected, then so
should Facebook. Are you sure Facebook isn't blocked on the network
you are connecting to internet?

If other sites don't work either, or have similar problems, then it
might be something else.

Cheers,

Pasi

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome) » http://open.knome.fi/
Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu »*http://shimmerproject.org/

Old 08-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Andrés Sebastián Bentos

And, very important ...When you got a problem, its helpful for others who are not viewing what are you doing in your pc to be very specificed with your problem.
For example.¿Can you surf anothers site?

¿do you have any network issue?
Its just for help you more quickly.
Sorry, muy english is not good!.BRAndrés

Old 08-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Ric Moore

When you got a problem, its helpful for others who are not viewing what
are you doing in your pc to be very specificed with your problem.

It's also helpful to not top post. Thanx, Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 08-28-2012, 08:25 PM
bob

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 02:56:44 -0400
Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/27/2012 06:26 PM, Andrs Sebastin Bentos wrote:
> > And, very important ...
> > When you got a problem, its helpful for others who are not viewing what
> > are you doing in your pc to be very specificed with your problem.
> It's also helpful to not top post. Thanx, Ric

Well, I wonder about that.

The only reason I'm not top posting is because others on this list complained about it.

Personally, when there have been several posts on a thread, I consider it far more efficient not to have to wade through all the posts to get to the end to see the most recent. It makes no sense to me when I could otherwise see them at the top.

If one hasn't followed the thread it is easy enough to go to the bottom and read posts from the bottom up, but far more common, it seems to me, is the situation where I've read the previous posts and then have to scroll down going through the earlier posts and sometimes lengthy signatures to see what the new post says.

Those who manage to skip all the earlier posts on a thread, or often can't remember them, would find bottom posting more efficient.

The group on this list seems to have made the decision to reply at the bottom, which is fine-but I don't agree it's accurate to say that it's helpful, just custom on the list.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:12 AM
Ric Moore