Old 08-26-2012, 09:38 PM
James Freer

Default 12.04 - Thunar slow

I've finally got round dare i say to getting 12.04 installed. I have
found that Thunar seems very slow first time used in a session. Fine
after that. Just wondering what the cause can be.

The only thing i can think of is that this time i've set up a /home
partition which i haven't done before as i used two hard drives.

thanks
james

Old 08-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Bruno Benitez

I've finally got round dare i say to getting 12.04 installed. I have

found that Thunar seems very slow first time used in a session. Fine

after that. Just wondering what the cause can be.

The only thing i can think of is that this time i've set up a /home

partition which i haven't done before as i used two hard drives.

thanks

james

Please, check the Xubuntu.com FAQ page fo 12.04
--
Bruno.-

Old 08-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Elizabeth Krumbach

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Bruno Benitez <gridcube@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please, check the Xubuntu.com FAQ page fo 12.04

Which is available here: http://xubuntu.org/news/faq-1204-precise/

The 2nd one is what you want, it's a known bug.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com

Old 08-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Bruno Benitez

2012/8/26 Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz@ubuntu.com>

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Bruno Benitez <gridcube@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please, check the Xubuntu.com FAQ page fo 12.04

Which is available here: http://xubuntu.org/news/faq-1204-precise/

The 2nd one is what you want, it's a known bug.

--

Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2

http://www.princessleia.com

Ups!* I though I had pasted the link, sorry 'bout that.
--
Bruno.-

Old 08-27-2012, 10:15 AM
James Freer

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012, Bruno Benitez wrote:

2012/8/26 Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz@ubuntu.com>
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Bruno Benitez <gridcube@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please, check the Xubuntu.com FAQ page fo 12.04

Which is available here: http://xubuntu.org/news/faq-1204-precise/

The 2nd one is what you want, it's a known bug.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2

Many thanks i should have spotted that! Since i used xubuntu i have to say that
i've found few problems. I removed the "gvfs-backends" which is what i think you
meant (as i'm not a samba user) - only trouble is that it's a dependancy of
bluefish which has also been removed. Not a problem though as i'm trying to get
settled on emacs [but it's a hell of a lot of reading!].

james