Old 08-23-2012, 06:23 PM
MR ZenWiz

Default Precise shell mis-expands certain file names

When I want to access a file in bash using environment variables and
<tab> command line completion, bash mangles the file name.

If I type 'cat $bin/tif<tab>', bash mangles that into 'cat
$bin/tif2pdf', which is mangled because the insertion of the in
front of the $ destroys the meaning of the variable access.

It should expand this from the <tab> without changing the $ to $.

This never happened in Maverick, and it makes no sense.

Anyone else have an issue with this? Should I file a bug?

Thanks.

MR