Old 08-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Ric Moore

Default reading contents of CD

On 08/19/2012 05:43 AM, Norman Silverstone wrote:

<snip>

Ric - I have installed quite a few different printers in my time and
agree with you that it is usually very easy. However, this is the first
time I have tried to install a completely wireless printer and a
knowledge of how to arrange the link up with the router and the other
computers is very useful. After all, before asking questions, it is a
good thing to read the information available. I am sure you must agree.

Ugggh... I like my wires! Good Luck! I thought I was walking on the wild
side with a USB printer connection instead of parallel! That does free
up an IRQ, come to think of it. Ric

Thanks for your wishes. Persistence has resulted in success.

Anything come up note-worthy for others about to do the same thing?? /Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 08-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Norman Silverstone

<Snip>

Thanks for your wishes. Persistence has resulted in success.

Anything come up note-worthy for others about to do the same thing?? /Ric

Ignore the CD which comes with the printer and download a copy of the
manual from the Samsung web site. Choose which ever method you like to
get the printer and router talking to each other. I simply pressed the
button on the printer and the button on the router and within seconds
the printer churned out a sheet of details. Xubuntu readily finds the
network printer and the driver is there in the list. Only snag is that
when trying a test print the result is in monochrome and not colour. No
problem - apparently the setting defaults to monochrome so, under
printer options, select colour mode and change to colour.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Norman