Old 08-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Janne Jokitalo

Default Xubuntu precise pangolin 12.04.1 candidate testing

Hi gang,

the first point release of precise is looming nearby. To help making sure it is
in top shape, you can test the candidates at [0]. To report the status of the
images, you can file the results at [1].

If you need guidance in doing the testing and reporting, help can be found at
[2], and you can of course always ask on this mailing list, or contact us on IRC
[3].

Every bit counts, and is hugely appreciated! Thanks for your contribution in
advance!

[0]: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/precise/daily/current/ and
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/precise/daily-live/current/
[1]: http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/204/builds
[2]: http://xubuntu.org/contribute/qa/#testing
[3]: #xubuntu and #xubuntu-devel on irc.freenode.net

Best regards,

--
Jaska (astraljava on freenode.net)

Old 08-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Janne Jokitalo

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 02:22:17PM +0200, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> Hello
> Thank you for coming up with this update.
>

> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Janne Jokitalo <astraljava@kapsi.fi> wrote:
> > the first point release of precise is looming nearby. To help making sure it is
> >
> I was wondering whether this release addresses the "upgrade from Lucid
> to Precise" issues that users were warned about in the Release Notes
> of 12.04. Should I wait for 12.04.1 before upgrading from current LTS
> to Precise?

Hi Liviu,

yes, the LTS-to-LTS upgrade will be supported with this point release. At least
that has been the plan. Stay tuned for the release notes, though, to confirm it.

Best regards,

--
Jaska (astraljava on freenode.net)