-   -   clean up Recommended Applications (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/690839-clean-up-recommended-applications.html)

Wybo Dekker 08-05-2012 03:07 PM

clean up Recommended Applications

When in Thunar I click right on a pdf-file and then: 'Open with' ->
'Open with other application', I see nine "Recommended applications" and
dozens of other applications. Both sets contain entries that make no
sense and don't work. When I right-click on an entry, a "Remote
Launcher" pop-up appears, but it is grayed and does not work.
Is there a way to clean up this list, or even empty it?
--
Wybo

Wybo Dekker 08-10-2012 10:59 AM

On 2012-08-05 17:07, Wybo Dekker wrote:
> When in Thunar I click right on a pdf file and then: 'Open with' ->
> 'Open with other application', I see nine "Recommended applications" and
> dozens of other applications. Both sets contain entries that make no
> sense and don't work. When I right-click on an entry, a "Remove
> Launcher" pop-up appears, but it is grayed and does not work.
> Is there a way to clean up this list, or even empty it?

Thanks everybody for the overwhelming amount of reactions.
I finally found out. The list is in
~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list
A lot of *.desktop, and all wine-stuff can be removed from
~/.local/share/application.
Still don't know why "Remove launcher" right click pop-ups don't work.

--
Wybo