-   -   Installing xubuntu (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/689167-installing-xubuntu.html)

Edmond Condillac 07-31-2012 11:58 AM

Installing xubuntu

am new to Xubuntu and torrents.* My intel graphics hardware is
not supported
for my PC system's upgrade to Ubuntu 11.10. I cannot upgrade to
Ubuntu 11.10 to avoid potential problems.* I'm trying
installation of Xubuntu
from: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DerivativeTeam/Derivatives.

am using torrents to install the Xubuntu 12.04 release and
downloaded xubuntu-12.04-alternate-i386.iso
676.3MB.* After the transmission ended, I
clicked on the ADD button* and this caused a 58.38 MB upload out
of 676.3 MB.
The process has gone on for over 14 hours. Kindly help and advise
how I should continue from here, please.

Kind
regards
Edmond

"chaitanya" 07-31-2012 12:02 PM

Installing xubuntu

Actually torrent is uploading the data; its nothing to worry about. Just burn the iso image to CD(as it is less than 700MB) and boot the CD. It will automatically find the existing Xubuntu & upgrade it
Sent on my BlackBerryŽ from Vodafone