Old 07-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Ted Pomeroy

Default cdrom = "location not mountable"?

Dear Xubuntu users, I am in a quandary: why is that Parole can play a
cd without mounting it? And: why are audio cds "location not
mountable" in my laptop running xubuntu 12.04. I have looked at
/etc/fstab and with the UUID layout it is looking like the wrong place
to give myself permission as user to mount any cd. the GUI for Users
does not seem to be effective either.
My real goal would be to allow Rhythmbox to play cds automatically,
instead of the default Parole.
Any help with learning more about the file system mounting privs and settings?
thank you, Ted P.

--
Problems worthy
of attack

Old 07-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Steven Grace

Dear Xubuntu users, I am in a quandary: why is that Parole can play a
cd without mounting it? And: why are audio cds "location not
mountable" in my laptop running xubuntu 12.04. I have looked at
/etc/fstab and with the UUID layout it is looking like the wrong place
to give myself permission as user to mount any cd. the GUI for Users
does not seem to be effective either.
My real goal would be to allow Rhythmbox to play cds automatically,
instead of the default Parole.
Any help with learning more about the file system mounting privs and settings?
thank you, Ted P.

As far as I know, audio CDs are *never* mounted.

To set a different player for audio CDs I believe you would go to
Settings Manager > Removable Drives and Media > Multimedia tab.