Old 07-28-2012, 04:47 AM
TOM TOM

Default Xubuntu 12.10 - Window maximizes when dragged to top of Desktop

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 1:31 AM, Lee Gold <leegold@operamail.com> wrote:

When I drag a window to the top of the desktop it maximizes in a strange

way. How to I stop this and anything like it?

What could be the purpose of this? I have no idea and need to deactivate

this. How?

Trying 12.10 and it does this...

Thanks Very Much

* http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html

it's a feature. You can configure it or deactivate it through the window manager settings.*

Old 07-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Cody Smith

When I drag a window to the top of the desktop it maximizes in a strange

way. How to I stop this and anything like it?

What could be the purpose of this? I have no idea and need to deactivate

this. How?

Trying 12.10 and it does this...

Thanks Very Much

* http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html

it's a feature. You can configure it or deactivate it through the window manager settings.*

Just going to throw this out there that whenever I use XFCE, I never deactivate this, if you need to quickly maximize your window, this would fit that bill nicely. so consider whether you'll need it in the future, bud. also, I feel it's a nice feature that could do with some refining.

--c_smith