-   -   Xubuntu 12.10 - Window maximizes when dragged to top of Desktop (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/688292-xubuntu-12-10-window-maximizes-when-dragged-top-desktop.html)

TOM TOM 07-28-2012 04:47 AM

Xubuntu 12.10 - Window maximizes when dragged to top of Desktop

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 1:31 AM, Lee Gold <leegold@operamail.com> wrote:

When I drag a window to the top of the desktop it maximizes in a strange

way. How to I stop this and anything like it?

What could be the purpose of this? I have no idea and need to deactivate

this. How?

Trying 12.10 and it does this...

Thanks Very Much

* http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html

it's a feature. You can configure it or deactivate it through the window manager settings.*

Cody Smith 07-28-2012 03:00 PM

Xubuntu 12.10 - Window maximizes when dragged to top of Desktop

When I drag a window to the top of the desktop it maximizes in a strange

way. How to I stop this and anything like it?

What could be the purpose of this? I have no idea and need to deactivate

this. How?

Trying 12.10 and it does this...

Thanks Very Much

* http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html

it's a feature. You can configure it or deactivate it through the window manager settings.*

Just going to throw this out there that whenever I use XFCE, I never deactivate this, if you need to quickly maximize your window, this would fit that bill nicely. so consider whether you'll need it in the future, bud. also, I feel it's a nice feature that could do with some refining.

--c_smith