Old 07-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Wybo Dekker

Default xfce4-xkb-plugin settings lost

I'm using the xfce4-xkb-plugin, and I like it, except that after some
fifty percent of my logins it appears to have lost its settings. My
normal settings are:

display_type=0
display_textsize=0
group_policy=0
default_group=0
never_modify_config=false
model=pc105
layouts=us,us
variants=euro,intl
ce4-kbd-plucaps_switch
compose_key_position=compose:menu

But the last two often become empty.
Is this a known bug? Or is there a solution?
--
Wybo

Old 07-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Liviu Andronic

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Wybo Dekker <wybo@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> I'm using the xfce4-xkb-plugin, and I like it, except that after some
> fifty percent of my logins it appears to have lost its settings. My
> normal settings are:

Depending on your version, this plugin can crash a lot. What I usually
do in Xfce 4.6 is that I configure the keyboard via Settings >
Keyboard > Layout, and when the xkb plugin crashes (again) I simply
re-add the plugin, access the relevant Settings tab and hit close.
Then the xkb plugin automatically reconfigures itself. (Or try these
steps in some other order and it should work.)

Liviu