Old 07-14-2012, 01:06 PM
george dicegeorge

Default Control key brings up volume mute

Control key brings up volume mute
so I cant do things like Ctrl-A to select all files
on a brand new installation of Xubuntu12.04LTS.

[george]

Old 07-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Joshua O'Leary

On 14/07/12 14:06, george dicegeorge wrote:

Control key brings up volume mute
so I cant do things like Ctrl-A to select all files
on a brand new installation of Xubuntu12.04LTS.

[george]

Sounds like a it could be a BIOS setting, I know someone else who had a
similar problem that meant that the function keys couldn't be used
normally (only as hot keys). Check the settings to see if the control
keys have been set to hotkey mode.

Joshua