-   -   Control key brings up volume mute (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/683593-control-key-brings-up-volume-mute.html)

george dicegeorge 07-14-2012 01:06 PM

Control key brings up volume mute

so I cant do things like Ctrl-A to select all files
on a brand new installation of Xubuntu12.04LTS.

[george]

Joshua O'Leary 07-14-2012 01:11 PM

On 14/07/12 14:06, george dicegeorge wrote:

Control key brings up volume mute
so I cant do things like Ctrl-A to select all files
on a brand new installation of Xubuntu12.04LTS.

[george]

Sounds like a it could be a BIOS setting, I know someone else who had a
similar problem that meant that the function keys couldn't be used
normally (only as hot keys). Check the settings to see if the control
keys have been set to hotkey mode.

Joshua