Old 07-07-2012, 12:42 PM

Default Keyboard configuration.

Hello,

I just installed Xubuntu on my box.* I have been running plain Ubuntu for a while but didn't like new Gnone or Unity GUI's offered.

I guessed I messed up somewhere in my choice of Language during the installation process since my keyboard is very weirdly configured!!!* What I want, and what I am used to have, is French Canadian.* Where and how do I change that???* Otherwise I am delighted by the lightness of Xfce, my old PC now boots in no time!!!

Thanks,

Gérald

Old 07-07-2012, 05:06 PM
MR ZenWiz

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 5:42 AM, <gerald.jean@videotron.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed Xubuntu on my box. I have been running plain Ubuntu for a
> while but didn't like new Gnone or Unity GUI's offered.
>
> I guessed I messed up somewhere in my choice of Language during the
> installation process since my keyboard is very weirdly configured!!! What I
> want, and what I am used to have, is French Canadian. Where and how do I
> change that??? Otherwise I am delighted by the lightness of Xfce, my old PC
> now boots in no time!!!

Try Apps Menu -> Settings -> Settings Manager -> Keyboard.

MR

Old 07-07-2012, 05:53 PM

Thanks, that did it!!!* I just had a hard time to find the appropriate place to do it!!!

Thanks again,

Gérald