Old 07-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Jack

Default a little help please

I am new to xububtu.

Do not like Libre office

Need OpenOffice instead

downloaded Apache OpenOffice (watched the download) but now cannot find it on my computer.

Where would it have been installed???

Got it but cannot find it.

JJ

Old 07-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Piskie

On 02/07/12 17:32, Jack wrote:

I am new to xububtu.

Do not like Libre office

Need OpenOffice instead

downloaded Apache OpenOffice (watched the download) but now cannot
find it on my computer.

Where would it have been installed???

Got it but cannot find it.

JJ

If you are using firefox and haven't changed the default - I believe
you'll find it in your home in the Download folder

Kev

Old 07-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Jack

I did not find OpenOffice in my download file.

My main problem with Libre is the very small image of a document I am creating on my screen. I must lean toward the monitor to see/read the document.* Cannot find how to enlarge the image or to change the default font.

I also find the "Help" section of Libre very complicated and overpowering.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:42 PM
TOM TOM

[...]

you might want to install the package: libreoffice-gtk
If devs are listening, this package should be a default dependencie of libreoffice on xubuntu.