Old 06-28-2012, 08:28 PM
bob

Default screwed up panels

Hi. Sorry for such an elementary question. I've screwed up trying to set up panels in my wife's login in 12.04-what files do I delete to start over?

Thanks.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:03 PM
TOM TOM

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM, bob <bob.currie@bulkley.net> wrote:

Hi. *Sorry for such an elementary question. *I've screwed up trying to set up panels in my wife's login in 12.04-what files do I delete to start over?

Thanks.

* * * * * * * b

Hi. Try .config/xfce4/panel*

Old 06-28-2012, 09:27 PM
bob

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 00:03:56 +0300
TOM TOM <thomasthoma@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM, bob <bob.currie@bulkley.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi. Sorry for such an elementary question. I've screwed up trying to set
> > up panels in my wife's login in 12.04-what files do I delete to start over?
> >
> > Thanks.

> > --
> >

> Hi. Try .config/xfce4/panel

Thanks Tom. I tried it and what it did wasn't actually what I was looking for.

It still left the panels as I'd left them (i.e. screwed up) except that some launchers were now missing.

What I'm really aiming for is this. I'd deleted the top panel (she doesn't like to have a top panel) and set up the bottom panel for her. However, she likes the bottom panel to show what programs are open, as she was used to in Windows. The bottom panel can have lots of room for that as she doesn't use panel launchers.

When I put a top panel back now, it doesn't do that-it's just blank waiting to be filled in. I was hoping to get back to the default panels and start from there. I'd then move the top panel to the bottom and customize it for her.

Of course, I could just copy all her documents, delete her as a user and delete her home directory completely and start over, but was hoping for an easier way to do it.

Thanks again for anything you can do.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:06 PM
TOM TOM

> > Hi. *Sorry for such an elementary question. *I've screwed up trying to set

> > up panels in my wife's login in 12.04-what files do I delete to start over?

> > Thanks.

> > * * * * * * * b

> > --

> Hi. Try .config/xfce4/panel

Thanks Tom. *I tried it and what it did wasn't actually what I was looking for.

It still left the panels as I'd left them (i.e. screwed up) except that some launchers were now missing.

What I'm really aiming for is this. *I'd deleted the top panel (she doesn't like to have a top panel) and set up the bottom panel for her. *However, she likes the bottom panel to show what programs are open, as she was used to in Windows. *The bottom panel can have lots of room for that as she doesn't use panel launchers.

When I put a top panel back now, it doesn't do that-it's just blank waiting to be filled in. *I was hoping to get back to the default panels and start from there. *I'd then move the top panel to the bottom and customize it for her.

Of course, I could just copy all her documents, delete her as a user and delete her home directory completely and start over, but was hoping for an easier way to do it.

Thanks again for anything you can do.

sorry about that, try deleting the folder .config/xfce4, logout and log back in.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Mark

Have you tried a right-click pn the panel, select "panel" then "panel preferences", then the "items" tab?

Old 06-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Joshua O'Leary

[...]

Reset xfce completely then, with rm -rf ~/.config/xfce4