-   -   How to See path as text in Thunar ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/678248-how-see-path-text-thunar.html)

Lee Gold 06-28-2012 08:00 PM

How to See path as text in Thunar ?

Hi,

Using 11.10. I need to be able to copy a path as text. Either I need to
see the path as text I can copy instead of the buttons style of the
path, or I need to be able to copy the those path buttons that by
default represent the path to a string.

What I would prefer is the GUI where the path is a text string and there
are back up down forward arrow buttoms to navigate the tree with. That
way I have the convenience of the one click buttons but can still copy a
path text string at any point. I'd like this globally all the time.

Is there a way to configure?

Thanks.

TOM TOM 06-28-2012 08:11 PM

How to See path as text in Thunar ?

Using 11.10. I need to be able to copy a path as text. Either I need to

see the path as text I can copy instead of the buttons style of the

path, or I need to be able to copy the those path buttons that by

default represent the path to a string.

What I would prefer is the GUI where the path is a text string and there

are back up down forward arrow buttoms to navigate the tree with. That

way I have the convenience of the one click buttons but can still copy a

path text string at any point. I'd like this globally all the time.

Is there a way to configure?

Thanks.

I don't know. But you can alway right click and "open a terminal here"
and then you can either copy everything between : and $
or execute "pwd"

Mike Kupfer 06-28-2012 08:36 PM

Lee Gold wrote:

> Using 11.10. I need to be able to copy a path as text. Either I need to
> see the path as text I can copy instead of the buttons style of the
> path, or I need to be able to copy the those path buttons that by
> default represent the path to a string.
>
> What I would prefer is the GUI where the path is a text string and there
> are back up down forward arrow buttoms to navigate the tree with. That
> way I have the convenience of the one click buttons but can still copy a
> path text string at any point. I'd like this globally all the time.

In the View>Location Selector menu, select Toolbar style. You might
need to make the window bigger to see the path on the right side of the
toolbar.

Thunar should remember this setting the next time you start it.

mike