Old 06-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Norman Silverstone

Default thunderbird mail message

The message telling me that I have mail has started telling me, each
time that I have some mail, that I have 78 messages whereas there may be
only 1 or 2. Has any one else seen this and, if so, is there anything to
be done about it, please?

Norman

Old 06-25-2012, 06:38 AM
Norman Silverstone

The message telling me that I have mail has started telling me, each
time that I have some mail, that I have 78 messages whereas there may be
only 1 or 2. Has any one else seen this and, if so, is there anything to
be done about it, please?

I have just noticed that the number of messages has become 79. Perhaps
it was increasing and I hadn't noticed.

Norman

Old 06-25-2012, 06:39 AM
Norman Silverstone

The message telling me that I have mail has started telling me, each
time that I have some mail, that I have 78 messages whereas there may be
only 1 or 2. Has any one else seen this and, if so, is there anything to
be done about it, please?

I have just noticed that the number of messages has become 79. Perhaps
it was increasing and I hadn't noticed.

Another message has just arrived and the number has gone back to 78.

Norman

Old 06-25-2012, 07:00 AM
Ric Moore

The message telling me that I have mail has started telling me, each
time that I have some mail, that I have 78 messages whereas there may be
only 1 or 2. Has any one else seen this and, if so, is there anything to
be done about it, please?

I have just noticed that the number of messages has become 79. Perhaps
it was increasing and I hadn't noticed.

Another message has just arrived and the number has gone back to 78.

I have 269 but I just deleted several. If some new message arrives, that
number should go up. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 06-25-2012, 08:09 AM
Norman Silverstone

The message telling me that I have mail has started telling me, each
time that I have some mail, that I have 78 messages whereas there
may be
only 1 or 2. Has any one else seen this and, if so, is there
anything to
be done about it, please?

I have just noticed that the number of messages has become 79. Perhaps
it was increasing and I hadn't noticed.

Another message has just arrived and the number has gone back to 78.

I have 269 but I just deleted several. If some new message arrives, that
number should go up. Ric

Ric - do you mean that you have received 269 messages in one batch or
over a period of time? I have no messages waiting to be deleted and
Thunderbird is set to fetch new messages every 15 minutes. Just got
another message and notification says there are 78 messages.

Norman

Old 06-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Mike Kupfer

Norman Silverstone wrote:

> The message telling me that I have mail has started telling me, each
> time that I have some mail, that I have 78 messages whereas there may
> be only 1 or 2.

Do you have the View set to something other than All, or do you have a
filter active?

mike

Old 06-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Norman Silverstone

The message telling me that I have mail has started telling me, each
time that I have some mail, that I have 78 messages whereas there may
be only 1 or 2.

Do you have the View set to something other than All, or do you have a
filter active?

There are several active filters which have been active for quite some
time. The odd thing is that the alert message has now stopped completely.

Norman