-   -   gmusicbrowser users feedback request (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/675881-gmusicbrowser-users-feedback-request.html)

Bruno Benitez 06-22-2012 04:07 PM

gmusicbrowser users feedback request

Hello,
The
Xubuntu team is currently working on a specification to investigate if
it would be a good move to change the media player from gmusicbrowser to
something else.
Until
this date, we have received next to no negative feedback about
gmusicbrowser, but we understand that instead of giving feedback, some
unhappy users will just uninstall gmusicbrowser and replace with another
media player.
This
is why we are contacting you, our faithful users, to gather some
feedback about gmusicbrowser. If you have 5 to 10 minutes free time,
please get around to answering the questions below and sending a reply
back to this mailing list before 27th of June. Thank you!
Please
note that while any feedback is welcome, we are only gathering feedback
on gmusicbrowser at this time, so please don't send your
recommendations on other media playes to the list.
** Do you use gmusicbrowser?

*** * Do you use other media players? If yes, which is your primary one, and why?** Do you like or dislike gmusicbrowser?

*** * Especially if you dislike; why, what is the feature that makes you dislike it?

** Generally, is there any changes you'd like to see made in gmusicbrowser?** Is there something else you want to say about gmusicbrowser?

--
Bruno.-

Piskie 06-22-2012 04:20 PM

[...]

* Do you use gmusicbrowser? No.

*** * Do you use other media players? If yes, which is
your primary one, and why? Yes, clementine is primary one. It
works well for me with my library and playlists. Simple use and
layout.*

** Do you like or dislike gmusicbrowser? I dilsike it.

*** * Especially if you dislike; why, what is the feature
that makes you dislike it? I'm sure that if I took
the time to work with it I could get it to do as I wish, but I
find it unintuitive to use. Visually it appears to be dated and
rather 'clunky'.

** Generally, is there any changes you'd like to see made in
gmusicbrowser?Updated - more intuituve to use, less visually
'dated'

** Is there something else you want to say about
gmusicbrowser?

regards

Piskie