Old 05-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Mark

Default Precise Pangolin 12.04 LTS wont start

I was enticed into upgrading xfce from 4.08 to 4.10 with the promise of
better tablet support. now my system wont boot.just gives me a black
screen after post. Is there a way to fix this via the installation disk?

Old 05-30-2012, 09:39 AM
Pasi Lallinaho

On 05/30/2012 12:31 PM, Mark wrote:
> I was enticed into upgrading xfce from 4.08 to 4.10 with the promise of
> better tablet support. now my system wont boot.just gives me a black
> screen after post. Is there a way to fix this via the installation disk?

Xfce 4.10 is not officially supported, but what you want to do is to
revert using the PPA. That should be possible with the installation disk
and chroot.

Pasi

Leader of Xubuntu and Shimmer Project http://shimmerproject.org/

Old 05-30-2012, 01:04 PM
uteck

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:39 AM, Pasi Lallinaho <pasi@shimmerproject.org> wrote:
> On 05/30/2012 12:31 PM, Mark wrote:
>> I was enticed *into upgrading xfce from 4.08 to 4.10 with the promise of
>> better tablet support. *now my system wont boot.just gives me a *black
>> screen after post. Is there a way to fix this via the installation disk?
>>

> Xfce 4.10 is not officially supported, but what you want to do is to
> revert using the PPA. That should be possible with the installation disk
> and chroot.
>
> Pasi
>
> --
> Pasi Lallinaho (knome) * * * * * * * * * * * http://open.knome.fi/
> Leader of Xubuntu and Shimmer Project * * * http://shimmerproject.org/
> Graphic artist, webdesigner, Ubuntu member * http://xubuntu.org/

Sounds a bit like the problem I have getting my Myth box to see the TV
as a display. Have you tried appending "nomodeset" to your grub boot
options?

--
no .sig found
Please restart your browser.