Old 05-26-2012, 06:25 PM
pao_drop

Default Swiss-French Keyboard in Xubuntu 12.04

Hello!
I am trying to install Xubuntu 12.04 on an old PC. Everything works
fine, except that

I am unable to find the Swiss-french keyboard in the keyboard layout list.

Since I am living in Switzerland and speaking - and typing- french,
this is a absolute MUST for me.

The command:

setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout ch -variant fr

works fine, albeit obviously only for the current session.
This in my opinion means that the swiss-french layout IS present somewhere
in the system.

But how do I get it permanently, not being able to use the desktop
application?

I have tried editing the /etc/default/keyboard file from:

XKBMODEL = "pc105"
XKBLAYOUT = "ch"
XKBVARIANT = ""
XKBOPTIONS =""