Old 05-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Lee Gold

Default Download an update once for many computers?

Hi,

I have Xubuntu 11.10 on a few PCs. I have limited bandwidth. Is there a
way I can download once, a meta-package for Linux kernel update version
3.0.0 on x86/x86_64 and use it on several PCs?

Thanks.

http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html

Old 05-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Ric Moore

I have Xubuntu 11.10 on a few PCs. I have limited bandwidth. Is there a
way I can download once, a meta-package for Linux kernel update version
3.0.0 on x86/x86_64 and use it on several PCs?

Great minds ...I was about to ask the very same question. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 05-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Ric Moore

I have Xubuntu 11.10 on a few PCs. I have limited bandwidth. Is there a
way I can download once, a meta-package for Linux kernel update version
3.0.0 on x86/x86_64 and use it on several PCs?

Thanks to you, I am playing with apt-cache-ng. It's getting a bit tricky
to wrap my brains around though. It would be sweet if there was just
some gui to run. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html