-   -   remote help (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/671253-remote-help.html)

Norman Silverstone 05-26-2012 07:40 AM

remote help

I have been offered 'hands on help', if I need it, by someone who lives
a considerable distance from me. What do I need to do to allow that
person access to my computer, please?

Norman

"Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]" 05-26-2012 07:43 AM

remote help

have been offered 'hands on help', if I need it,* by someone who
lives a considerable distance from me. What do I need to do to
allow that person access to my computer, please?

Norman

Install Teamviewer (www.teamviewer.com) for Linux -
in one word: excellent!

--
Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

** Genius is one per cent inspiration, **
** and ninety-nine per cent **
** perspiration. **
** -- Thomas A. Edison **
email: peter(no-spam filler)@frenning.dk
http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
Ph. +45 4619 3239
Snailmail:
Peter Frenning
Ternevej 23
DK-4130 Viby Sj.
Denmark

"Kevin O'Gorman" 05-26-2012 02:30 PM

remote help

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 12:40 AM, Norman Silverstone
<norman@littletank.org> wrote:
> I have been offered 'hands on help', if I need it, *by someone who lives a
> considerable distance from me. What do I need to do to allow that person
> access to my computer, please?
>
> Norman

Perhaps I'm just suspicious by nature, but on the surface I wonder how
much real help you'll get from someone who doesn't already know how to
solve that problem. Just be careful.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Norman Silverstone 05-26-2012 03:42 PM

remote help

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 12:40 AM, Norman Silverstone
I have been offered 'hands on help', if I need it, by someone who lives a
considerable distance from me. What do I need to do to allow that person
access to my computer, please?

Norman

Perhaps I'm just suspicious by nature, but on the surface I wonder how
much real help you'll get from someone who doesn't already know how to
solve that problem. Just be careful.
Sorry, my question was not very clear. I have been helped many times
when I used Ubuntu and what I want to know is how do I arrange for the
contact to continue running Xubuntu.

Norman