Old 05-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Ric Moore

Default disappearing thunderbird settings

On 05/24/2012 01:20 AM, Eberhard Roloff wrote:

On 05/23/2012 11:44 PM, Ric Moore wrote:

I use POP service via gmail, and it requires a contortion or
two to set it up as Thunderbird seems hell-bent on you
setting up IMAP instead. That would make it all go wonky if
you are using POP. Ric

Well, it might seem like this and indeed thunderbird prefers imap.

However, in the initial window, where you do your server testing, there
is a nice button just right of "imap", which makes you choose "imap" or
"pop".

Last time I had to configure Thunderbird from scratch, I had to go into
IMAP setup, as that was all it allowed me to do, then cancel it, to find
the pop selection box. But, that was over a year ago. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html