Old 05-21-2012, 01:44 AM
springbunny

Default no sound xubuntu 12.04 (had sound previous version)

Hello all,

I'm not getting any audio / sound under Xubuntu 12.04. Previously when I
ran version 11, I did have sound. I've checked the sound settings, but
it looks okay, I think.

Do you know what might be wrong?

I'm running an IBM Thinkpad R51 with a Pentium M.

Overall I like Xubuntu 12 much better than 11. I almost never experience
any crashes under 12, but they had been plentiful under 11. The trackpad
behaves perfectly under 12 - but had been a problem under 11. 12.04 is
a fantastic interface. If I could only solve the sound problem.

Thank you.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Norman Silverstone

On Tue, 2012-05-22 at 10:28 -0500, springbunny wrote:
> On 05/21/2012 10:16 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
> >
> > Please don't top post. This thread has gone to heck with the mix of
> > top and bottom posting to the point it's pure idiotic.
> >

> I had no intention of causing things to become "idiotic." I was seeking
> help with a problem. This was my first time posting. I'm sorry you are
> unhappy.

I don't think it is a case of being unhappy it is more a case of
difficulty for those of us who are interested in problems and their
solutions. It is so difficult to understand when the answers come before
the questions and if that happens more than once in a thread then it
becomes quite difficult to follow.

Norman