-   -   Xubuntu 12.04 LTS is freezing upon shut down (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/668742-xubuntu-12-04-lts-freezing-upon-shut-down.html)

Anders Backman 05-17-2012 05:22 PM

Xubuntu 12.04 LTS is freezing upon shut down

Hello everybody

Well, I think that the subject says what it is all about.
The "white line" below the Xubuntu logo stops at about two quarters
and the screen freezes.
How do I solve this?
I have tried to reinstall the system but I can not seem to do it by
restarting with my DVD inserted. It only mounts the DVD on the
desktop.

I am a novice when it comes to Xubuntu (or any GNU/Linux OS for that matter).

Please give me some advise.

Best regards
Anders

Joshua O'Leary 05-20-2012 01:30 PM

Xubuntu 12.04 LTS is freezing upon shut down