Old 05-18-2012, 07:43 PM
"Michael P. Reilly"

Default Please stop this Windows style madness about meaningful name suffix

I'm on Xubuntu 12.04 and ran `zip ~/Desktop/foobar ~/.bash_profile; mv ~/Desktop/foobar.zip ~/Desktop/foobar.odf`; then from the Desktop, right-clicked on the file and was able to open the file normally with file-roller.

I created an ODFormula file from LibreOffice and file-roller was not able to open it (nor could squeeze), but unzip was. *It could be that file-roller was changed or that LibreOffice is generating a different file format. *It could be that developers of file-roller decided to be more strict with the input formats that are supported. *File-roller is a gnome app, so I'm not sure how much support for it you'd get on a xfce based list.