Old 05-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Andreas Säger

Default Please stop this Windows style madness about meaningful name suffix

Hello folks,
When I right click a file (I _know_ it's an archive because it is an ODF
document) and choose to open it with file-roller I get an error saying
that the archive type is not supported. I've got to modify the file name
suffix before I can load it into the file-roller.

This happens with XUbuntu 12.04. Was no problem with 10.4.

This is not only annoying. It is a true regression.
Grumpy,
Andreas