Old 05-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Michael Comperchio

Default Virtual Box Lost

Ok, so I got fed up trying to get the NVIDIA drivers working again
in Oneiric Ocelot, so I ran the
command line distro updater... marvelous, I've got X back. But
I've lost VirtualBox!!!!!

From the popup window....

The
VirtualBox Linux kernel driver (vboxdrv) is either not loaded or
there is a permission problem with /dev/vboxdrv. Please reinstall
the kernel module by executing

'/etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup'

as root. If it is available in your distribution, you should
install the DKMS package first. This package keeps track of Linux
kernel changes and recompiles the vboxdrv kernel module if
necessary.

I am not really that knowledgeable about kernal stuff ... HELP!

--

Michael Comperchio

michael.comperchio@gmail.com

860 387 2650

44 Eagle St, 3 fl

Torrington, CT. 06790

Computers were created to help people become more
productive... then someone invented the internet.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

Ok, so I got fed up trying to get the NVIDIA drivers working again
in Oneiric Ocelot, so I ran
the command line distro updater... marvelous, I've got X back.
But I've lost VirtualBox!!!!!

From the popup window....

The VirtualBox Linux
kernel driver (vboxdrv) is either not loaded or there is a
permission problem with /dev/vboxdrv. Please reinstall the
kernel module by executing

'/etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup'

Please run this from terminal;

sudo /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup

as root. If it is available in your distribution, you should
install the DKMS package first. This package keeps track of
Linux kernel changes and recompiles the vboxdrv kernel module if
necessary.

I am not really that knowledgeable about kernal stuff ... HELP!

Cheers,

Pasi

Leader of Xubuntu and Shimmer Project *http://shimmerproject.org/

Old 05-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Michael Comperchio

Ok, so I got fed up trying to get the NVIDIA drivers working
again in Oneiric
Ocelot, so I ran the command line distro updater... marvelous,
I've got X back. But I've lost VirtualBox!!!!!

From the popup window....

The VirtualBox Linux
kernel driver (vboxdrv) is either not loaded or there is a
permission problem with /dev/vboxdrv. Please reinstall the
kernel module by executing

'/etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup'

Please run this from terminal;

sudo /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup

as root. If it is available in your distribution, you should
install the DKMS package first. This package keeps track of
Linux kernel changes and recompiles the vboxdrv kernel module
if necessary.

I am not really that knowledgeable about kernal stuff ... HELP!

Cheers,

Pasi

Leader of Xubuntu and Shimmer Project *http://shimmerproject.org/

I tried that! /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup doesn't exist... I tried
removing, then installing, still no sunshine..

Old 05-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

Ok, so I got fed up trying to get the NVIDIA drivers working
again in Oneiric Ocelot, so I ran the
command line distro updater... marvelous, I've got X back.
But I've lost VirtualBox!!!!!

From the popup window....

[...]

You could try installing the virtualbox-dkms -package.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Joshua O'Leary

Ok, so I got fed up trying to get the NVIDIA drivers working again
in Oneiric Ocelot, so I ran
the command line distro updater... marvelous, I've got X back.
But I've lost VirtualBox!!!!!

From the popup window....

[...]

sudo modprobe vboxdrv

Old 05-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Michael Comperchio

Ok, so I got fed up trying to get the NVIDIA drivers working
again in Oneiric
Ocelot, so I ran the command line distro updater... marvelous,
I've got X back. But I've lost VirtualBox!!!!!

From the popup window....

[...]

module vboxdrv not found

ugh.