Old 05-16-2012, 02:38 PM
uteck

Default Xubuntu and Remastersys

I am using to Remastersys to tweak the Xubuntu 12.04 install disk and
would like to make the resulting new disk auto install, but the
install script does not start when the live cd desktop session starts.
I can manually call it from ~/.config/autostart/install.sh and it
works, so how do I get it to run automatically? I even added it with
Session Manager->Session and Startup options on the build box and it
shows up on the live cd, but still no joy.

--
no .sig found
Please restart your browser.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Joshua O'Leary

I am using to Remastersys to tweak the Xubuntu 12.04 install disk and
would like to make the resulting new disk auto install, but the
install script does not start when the live cd desktop session starts.
I can manually call it from ~/.config/autostart/install.sh and it
works, so how do I get it to run automatically? I even added it with
Session Manager->Session and Startup options on the build box and it
shows up on the live cd, but still no joy.

Create a .desktop shortcut in /etc/xdg/autostart like this:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Script Name
Comment=A Comment
Exec=path/to/executable
Type=Application
Terminal=false (or true for terminal applications)
StartupNotify=false

That would do it system-wide. Don't forget you can also use /etc/skel
for customisation of home directories.

Joshua

Old 05-16-2012, 08:21 PM
uteck

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Joshua O'Leary
<joshua.oleary@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 16/05/12 15:38, uteck wrote:
>>
>> I am using to Remastersys to tweak the Xubuntu 12.04 install disk and
>> would like to make the resulting new disk auto install, but the
>> install script does not start when the live cd desktop session starts.
>> *I can manually call it from ~/.config/autostart/install.sh and it
>> works, so how do I get it to run automatically? *I even added it with
>> Session Manager->Session and Startup options on the build box and it
>> shows up on the live cd, but still no joy.
>>
> Create a .desktop shortcut in /etc/xdg/autostart like this:
>
> [Desktop Entry]
> Name=Script Name
> Comment=A Comment
> Exec=path/to/executable
> Type=Application
> Terminal=false (or true for terminal applications)
> StartupNotify=false
>
> That would do it system-wide. Don't forget you can also use /etc/skel for
> customisation of home directories.
>
> Joshua

Thanks, I'll try the .desktop file, but I would have thought that it
would execute the .sh file just as well.
Using /etc/skel does not add anything to user directories if that
directory is created by XFCE, which creates .config/autostart before
/etc/skel runs. If I place it in /etc/xdg/xdg-xubuntu/autostart then
run remastersys, then it shows up.