Old 05-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Norman Silverstone

Default home folder

At last my dual boot PC is working and my second HDD is prepared to
store my data. Would it be a good thing to put the home folder onto the
data HDD and, if so, do I need to tell Xubuntu where it is? My intention
would be to back up this data HDD to an external HDD periodically.

Thanks

Norman

Old 05-15-2012, 05:40 PM
"L.M.J"

Le Tue, 15 May 2012 12:19:43 +0100,
Norman Silverstone <norman@littletank.org> a écrit :

> At last my dual boot PC is working and my second HDD is prepared to
> store my data. Would it be a good thing to put the home folder onto the
> data HDD and, if so, do I need to tell Xubuntu where it is? My intention
> would be to back up this data HDD to an external HDD periodically.

If /dev/sda is your first disk and /dev/sdb your second disk for datas :
1) install Windows on /dev/sda1
2) install xubuntu '/' on /dev/sda2 + 'swap' /dev/sda3
3) and '/home' on /dev/sdb1

and your done

--
LMJ
"May the source be with you my young padawan"