Old 05-13-2012, 08:08 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

Default How to edit MP3 metadata

I have a collection of 4000 or so talks as mp3s. As is common in
collections this large, the metadata is sometimes inconsistent, wrong,
or missing. I'd like to curate this mess somewhat.

Can anyone recommend something for editing mp3 metadata that's in the
X repositories?

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Old 05-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

On 05/13/2012 11:08 PM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> I have a collection of 4000 or so talks as mp3s. As is common in
> collections this large, the metadata is sometimes inconsistent, wrong,
> or missing. I'd like to curate this mess somewhat.
>
> Can anyone recommend something for editing mp3 metadata that's in the
> X repositories?

gmusicbrowser, the default media player for Xubuntu, has some good
tag-editing tools.

Cheers,
Pasi

Leader of Xubuntu and Shimmer Project http://shimmerproject.org/

Old 05-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Steve Grace

I have a collection of 4000 or so talks as mp3s. As is common in
collections this large, the metadata is sometimes inconsistent, wrong,
or missing. I'd like to curate this mess somewhat.

Can anyone recommend something for editing mp3 metadata that's in the
X repositories?

I use package "tagtool" (although I've only used it with Ogg Vorbis, not
MP3).