-   -   xpdf: segmentation fault (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/664483-xpdf-segmentation-fault.html)

Wybo Dekker 05-08-2012 09:27 PM

xpdf: segmentation fault

I run xubuntu 12.04 and xpdf produces a segmentation fault on all pdfs:

$ xpdf main.pdf
***** MediaBox = ll:0,0 ur:595.276,841.89
***** CropBox = ll:0,0 ur:595.276,841.89
***** Rotate = 0
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Is there a solution for this?
--
Wybo

Joshua O'Leary 05-09-2012 04:39 PM

xpdf: segmentation fault

On 08/05/12 22:27, Wybo Dekker wrote:

I run xubuntu 12.04 and xpdf produces a segmentation fault on all pdfs:

$ xpdf main.pdf
***** MediaBox = ll:0,0 ur:595.276,841.89
***** CropBox = ll:0,0 ur:595.276,841.89
***** Rotate = 0
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Is there a solution for this?

I've found the same problem:

**** MediaBox = ll:0,0 ur:612,792
***** CropBox = ll:0,0 ur:612,792
***** Rotate = 0
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Segfaults are almost impossible to fix without recompiling and fixing
the code. You may be best off using evince, or zathura, another
lightweight PDF viewer.

Luna Moon 05-09-2012 07:27 PM

xpdf: segmentation fault

I run xubuntu 12.04 and xpdf produces a segmentation fault on all pdfs:

$ xpdf main.pdf
***** MediaBox = ll:0,0 ur:595.276,841.89
***** CropBox = ll:0,0 ur:595.276,841.89
***** Rotate = 0
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Is there a solution for this?

I've found the same problem:

**** MediaBox = ll:0,0 ur:612,792
***** CropBox = ll:0,0 ur:612,792
***** Rotate = 0
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Segfaults are almost impossible to fix without recompiling and fixing
the code. You may be best off using evince, or zathura, another
lightweight PDF viewer.

I have yet to try it but you can get the official Adobe Reader from
Adobe. Though I might need to install it because some people who send
me pdfs does not show all the information on evince and so on.

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/9.x/9.5.1/enu/

Joshua O'Leary 05-09-2012 08:40 PM

xpdf: segmentation fault