Old 05-06-2012, 01:29 PM
TOM TOM

Default xubuntu + compiz

Hello everyone.

After setting up compiz in Xubuntu and adding the command "compiz --replace ccp &"
on top of the autostart list: sometimes, after logging in, the bottom panel doesn't respond,

or xfdesktop doesn't handle the desktop.

This happens randomly, so I presume there's some sort of race condition going on.
Have you encountered this problem?
Would a "sleep 2s;" before the compiz command suffice or do you know of any other solution?

thanks for your time

Old 05-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Benoit

If you have a nvidia graphic card, perhaps it's that bug :

http://askubuntu.com/questions/125608/unity-3d-no-longer-works-after-installing-12-04

Old 05-07-2012, 02:36 PM
TOM TOM

If you have a nvidia graphic card, perhaps it's that bug :

http://askubuntu.com/questions/125608/unity-3d-no-longer-works-after-installing-12-04

After setting up compiz in Xubuntu and adding the command "compiz
--replace ccp &"

on top of the autostart list: sometimes, after logging in, the
bottom panel doesn't respond,

or xfdesktop doesn't handle the desktop.

This happens randomly, so I presume there's some sort of race
condition going on.

Have you encountered this problem?

Would a "sleep 2s;" before the compiz command suffice or do you
know of any other solution?

thanks for your time

thank you for your answer. So far "sleep 3s;" seems to do the trick. So consider this [solved]