Old 05-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Keith Powell

Default Wubi and 12.04

I would like to run Xubuntu 12.04 inside Windows7, as I have with
previous Xubuntu/Ubuntu versions and other distros such as Mint, without
any problems.

However, I can't run Wubi to install it to do so.

I run Windows and insert the Xubuntu disk, but it tells me I have to
reboot the computer. Then there only to two options of running it as a
live CD or installing it alongside, (or replacing) Windows. There is no
option of installing it inside Windows.

How do I get Wubi to work with this version, please?

Many thanks for the answer!

Cheers.

Keith.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Danny Raufeisen

Hi,

have you tried launching "wubi.exe" from the top level directory of the CD?

cheers

Danny