-   -   R: Howto Ubuntu -> Xubuntu (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/663574-r-howto-ubuntu-xubuntu.html)

"brian.collins@alice.it" 05-06-2012 05:41 AM

R: Howto Ubuntu -> Xubuntu

----Messaggio originale----
Da: kogorman@gmail.com
Data: 6-mag-2012 3.48
A: "Xubuntu Help and User Discussions"<xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Ogg: Re: [xubuntu-users] Howto Ubuntu -&gt; Xubuntu

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM, h.lekin <h.lekin@gmx.net> wrote:

> About chatting: I use Pidgin for Jabber(XMPP). I think you have to
> register for an AIM or ICU account; you don't have to do this for a
> Jabber account.
>
> Mail works too, just a little slower...

Mail is fine, but I think discussing how to chat belongs in private
email, or chat itself.

I started pidgin, I see I have 6 accounts; all of them were free to
register.* They are ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo and IRC (2 differrent
servers)* I also see I can create a new account with the XMPP
protocol.* I don't know how to fill out the rest of the info:
Username* (make one up?)
Domain***** I have no idea
Resource** I have no idea
Password* (well, I suppose I know how to do this one)

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Hi Kevin,
XMPP is gmail.* you have to make a google account. the user name is what is before the @.* The domain is what's after, like:* gmail.com