Old 05-03-2012, 11:28 PM
ivo4linux

Default No Audio System

xubuntu 11.10 work very well on my netbook HP mini. I have to fix ony
the audio system. it paly music, video and youtube but it do not paly
any system sound like notification of new mail and log-in end log-out
etc etc. I 've been looking for solution without success

Thanks in advance for any help

Old 05-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Joshua O'Leary

11.10* work very well on my netbook HP mini.* I have to fix ony
the audio system. it paly* music, video and youtube but it do not
paly any system sound like* notification of new mail and log-in
end log-out etc etc. I* 've been looking* for solution without
success

Thanks in advance for any help

For notifications like new mail 'Enable event sounds' under xfce
settings manager>appearance>settings. Xfce does not have
login/logout sounds, for a login sound you would add:

aplay sound.wav

To session and startup>startup applications in the settings
manager

(or play sound.ogg if sox is installed)

Joshua

Old 05-05-2012, 04:03 PM
ivo4linux

Nella citazione in data sab 05 mag 2012 14:00:36 CEST,